Radeus 8200 ACU
Antenna Control System
This antenna control system meets the requirements of retrofits and new installations. As a retrofit option, the 8200 ACU is compatible with industry standard drive-cabinet interfaces and legacy position-feedback devices such as absolute rotary optical encoders, standard single-speed brushless size 11 resolvers, and two-speed brushless size 20 resolvers.
- Touchscreen controls for all operations
- Efficient, intuitive graphical user interface
- Hardware jog buttons with LED indicators
- Data and parameters secured in nonvolatile storage
- Innovative setup wizard eases installation
- Secure TeamViewer integration for remote and shared ACU operation
- Field-proven in critical applications
Modes of Operations
- Manual — Front-panel buttons for two-speed, manual jog control.
- Move to Longitude — Position to AZ and EL angles determined from the longitudinal orbital slot.
- Move to Look Angles — Position to user-provided AZ, EL, and POL angles.
- Step Track — Periodic algorithm to perform an AZ-EL scan pattern to peak up signal strength.
- Predictive Track — Point the satellite dish using an orbital model created from previous peak AZ and EL step-track data points.
- TLE (Two-Line Element) — Track automated positioning based on NORAD twoline element sets.
- INTELSAT Track — Automated tracking to AZ and EL coordinate sets derived from Intelsat 11 parameters.
- Computer Track — Automated positioning using commanded angles supplied from an external computer.
- Sun and Moon Track — Automated positioning to AZ and EL locations of the sun and the moon. Star Track — Automated positioning to AZ and EL locations of radio stars.